by HEALTHY HEART CLINICS
What are symptoms of COVID-19?
People who are exposed to COVID-19 present a wide range of symptoms. These symptoms may appear between 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. That is one of the main differences between the flu and COVID-19. Flu symptoms typically appear at a more rapid rate post-exposure than COVID-19 symptoms.
According to the CDC, these symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Muscle or body aches
- Fever or chills
- New loss of taste
- New loss of smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
Emergency symptoms: If you are feeling any of these symptoms, seek an emergency medical facility. If someone is showing these signs, call 911.
- Trouble breathing
- New confusion
- Inability to wake to stay awake
- Persistent check pain or pressure in the chest
- Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone
When should I see my provider?
If you are feeling any symptoms of COVID-19, see your provider and get tested for COVID-19. If you are feeling any emergency symptoms, seek an emergency care facility.
How can I improve my quality of life?
- Take your medications as prescribed by your provider.
- Stay home and avoid contact with to cease the spread of COVID-19. The CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone after having isolated for 5 days after testing positive. Your fever should be gone without the need to use fever-reducing medicine.
- Wash your hands.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow
- Avoid touching your face.
- Rest. Rest is required for your body to fight off the virus. Not resting can prolong your symptoms.
- Stay hydrated. Staying hydrated can help you get better faster and reduce risks of complications. Even if you don’t feel thirsty, sip on water, juice, or broth throughout your day.
- Get your COVID-19 vaccine.
Each patient deserves the highest quality of care. Creating a personalized care program tailored to each patient’s unique conditions, needs and circumstances can help people regain control and maintain optimum health.