Health Heart Clinics of America is seeking a highly skilled, experienced Bilingual Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) to join our growing healthcare team. The candidate will care for patients and tend to their general comfort and well-being. A compassionate attitude coupled with impeccable bedside manner and an ability to work in a fast past environment. Healthy Heart Clinics provides primary care services with a focus on management & prevention of chronic disease, including regular office visits, preventative testing, diagnostic testing, and 24/7 patient monitoring services.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bilingual (English / Spanish)
- Collect, track, and maintain patient history
- Take vitals, including blood pressure, heart rate, O2 sat, and weight.
- Perform EKG and able to understand basic reading of the test
- Entering data related to the record of patients in computer systems
- Patient education
- Inform the patients about test results via phone or appointment
- Taking verbal orders from MD or NP and carrying out orders in a timely manner
- Perform lab draws
- Starting IV
- Coordinate patient referrals
- Answering phones and replying to messages daily
- Execute triage within the scope of LPN and/or CMA practice in an accurate and precise way
- Ordering prescriptions for patients
- Manage patient care through Chronic Care Management and Remote Patient Monitoring software used in the clinic.
- Assist provider with patient examinations and clinical procedures as needed
- Ensures clinic is properly stocked with supplies and equipment.
- Ordering supplies for the clinic
- Assist with scheduling patients for outpatient procedures
- Assist with prior authorizations from insurance company regarding procedures and testing ordered by the provider
- Maintains the appearance of exam rooms, monitors biohazard and sharp containers and replaces when needed.
- Prep chart prior to clinic on each patient
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completed state-approved LPN or CMA education program
- Previous clinical and/or healthcare experience
- Knowledge of EHR/EMR
- High level of empathy and compassion
- Excellent communication skills
- Promotes supportive and positive environment for both staff and patients
HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
- Job Type: Full-time
- Monday – Thursdays 8-5, Fridays 8-12
- Hourly Pay based on prior experience
- Position is in office and based out of Morgan City, Louisiana